Rotterdam, The Netherlands
THE NFPA STANDARD 13, 2019 EDITION, WILL BE COMPLETELY REVISED.
FOR ALL THOSE WHO WORK WITH THIS STANDARD PROFESSIONALLY, KEEPING UP IS A MUST!
There is much to learn about the rationale behind and basic principles and details of the totally updated standard. Those who quickly want to be fully up-to-date on the latest insights will have the perfect opportunity this autumn at a seminar being organised in association with Riskonet.
Attending this NFPA seminar will enable participants to take the exam for the NFPA 13, 2019 Edition already in 2018, and acquire the ‘Certificate of Educational Achievement’, as well as the new edition of the NFPA 13, 2019 edition.
Changes to contents and structure
The changes to the NFPA 13, which pertain to the installation of sprinkler systems, are largely content-related, but the changes go further. The experts who revised the standard concluded that the numerous changes and additions have taken their toll over the years. Amendment after amendment has made the NFPA 13 increasingly more complex.
Fully revising the standard has been time-consuming and painstaking work – and a tremendous accomplishment. At the same time, the structure of the standard and the order of its various components have also been modified. Those working with the NFPA 13 for the first time will be able to quickly find the information they need, thanks to its logical structure. Those who have been working with it for years will have to get used to the changes.
The training is to be conducted by the same professional NFPA lecturers used in the US. This sought after education will be to the same quality, standard and with the identical certification as delivered in the US. The handout material for library and future reference has been adapted for European application.
The tutors have participated and contributed in the development of NFPA codes and standards and are internationally recognized consultants. There is no limitation or prerequisite for attendance but delegate numbers are limited to ensure quality attention and value delivery.
Do not miss this opportunity to take advantage of the best professional training on the most significant aspect of fire protection sprinklers.
Recognized code Experts teach you the codes they helped develop!
The premier training experience – tailored, interactive instruction delivered by the proven, trusted experts in code instruction. NFPA is the authority on the codes and standards you use everyday day to get the job done right.
Reasons to attend this seminar:
Internationally-recognized instructors guide you through the code they helped develop
Beyond Code Knowledge
Exercises and collaborative problem solving delve into not just what the code says, but also how to interpret and apply it
All attendees earn continuing education units. NFPA has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
Top-flight Training Materials
Informative, easy-to-follow workbooks and original NFPA 13, 2019 standard for all participants
This five-day program, with on the fourth day a review and exam, covers the requirements of NFPA 13, 2019 edition and teaches participants to verify proper installation and use of sprinkler systems.
Participants will also learn about new and revised requirements reflecting the latest developments and safety practices in the field and how to incorporate them on the job. The Friday program will be mainly focused on storage protection. During this day a full design will be made by the participants and with the assistance of the experts, the NFPA instructors.
This training program is structured over a 5 days period as follows:
Introduction and Overview of the new and revised Standard
- Describe the organization of the 2019 edition of the standard
- Define official terms used in the standard
- List the five critical elements of system design
Hazard Classification / Identifying the Hazard
- Select the appropriate occupancy hazard classification
- Identify the appropriate classification for an occupancy
- Identify various occupancy hazards in typical multi-occupancy buildings
- Identify the types of water sources for automatic sprinklers
- Determine the capabilities of the various sources to provide adequate water to a sprinkler system
Type of System / System Requirements
- Select the appropriate system type for a given scenario
- Identify the requirements for a specific system type
- Identify the criteria used to select a specific system type
- Select the appropriate design approach for a given scenario
- Identify the requirements for a specific design approach
- Identify the criteria for selecting a specific design approach
- Determine the minimum water supply for a given scenario
- Identify the minimum requirements for working plans
- Identify basic hydraulic principles
- Identify how basic principles impact a given scenario
System Components and Usage
- Identify the requirements for system components
- Apply the installation requirements for sprinkler system components
- Identify hanging and bracing requirements
- Select appropriate commodity classifications
- Identify the impact of storage methods
- Identify factors that affect storage protection
- Case study on Friday
- Identify the critical decision points for system acceptance
- Explain the approval process for system acceptance
- List all of the acceptance requirements
Certificate of Educational Achievement
- Show your proficiency and demonstrate your understanding of concepts presented. A half-day of review with self-assessment and problem-solving exercises is followed by an exam where you apply what you’ve learned. Passing the exam will earn your Certificate of Educational Achievement*, confirming your course knowledge.
*For general information and FAQs, including purpose and limitations of NFPA Certificates, go to www.nfpatraining.org/certificate.training
This day will primarily be focused on sprinkler protection requirements for storage occupancies and applications. This program will introduce participants to sprinkler system design requirements for storage occupancies with a focus on commodity classifications, design methods and sprinkler types used for storage facilities. Starting with proper identification of commodity classifications and the application of sprinkler types, we will get deeper into the understanding how and why to select one or more of the options for fire protection provided in NFPA 13, storage chapters. This interactive seminar will include a wide variety of group activities to demonstrate the nuances applied to storage occupancies. We will explore in depth, the design principals required to identify the most cost effective, code complaint fire protection solutions using real life scenarios. Each case study will be discussed and during the exercise’s you now have the possibility to discuss your options with a committee member of the NFPA 13.
Those working with the NFPA 13 for the first time will be able to quickly find the information they need, thanks to its logical structure. Those who have been working with it for years will have to get used to the changes.
All engineers, architects, fire brigades, inspection authorities, certification bodies, plan reviewers, designers, installers, inspectors, insurers, risk engineers, risk consultants, risk managers, will have the perfect opportunity to learn more about the NFPA 13, 2019 edition with attending this training.
Remain current with the latest industry developments and practices, new developments and shared experiences.
These interactive trainings will bring you up-to speed on provisions found in the latest editions of NFPA 13
Training Dates and Location
Training will be held between October 15-16, 2018
Training will be held at Hotel New York in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
For more information, go to www.hotelnewyork.nl
- Training fee for the complete 5 days is Euro 2.250,=
- Training fee for Day 1 until Day 3 is Euro 1.750,=
- Training fee for only Day 5 is Euro 650,=
Prices are excluding 21% VAT
Early Bird Registration
There will a Euro 100,= discount for the ones who makes the payment before the end of August 2018.
There will be Euro 100,= discount for the NFPA members who attend the full five days
De Cuserstraat 93
1081 CN Amsterdam
- Categories: Seminars 2018